As a rule, the price of a tour in Europe includes all the usual services, except lunch meals, from the meeting place (first day of the program) till the separation place (last day of the program).
Generally, the price of a tour off-Europe includes all the usual services and the international plane tickets.
The detailed chart of the tour will inform you precisely on the services included in the price of the tour.
You will often notice that, for the "same" tour, the different Tour Operators offer much different prices. We made the choice to limit the size of our bigger groups to 12 participants, and to maintain the quality of our services, no matter what it costs. Consequently, our prices are not the cheapest. It is up to you to compare them with the prices and services offered by other Tour Operators.
Here are our main quality standards:
All our tours in Europe are guided by a French, Swiss or Spanish Mountain Guide, qualified worldwide as IFMGA Mountain Guide, or a French Ski Instructor graduated from the "École Nationale de Ski et d'Alpinisme" of Chamonix, speaking fluently English with a near-native comprehension, and expert of the country and peaks where he will take you off.
The specific qualities of our Mountain Guide's profession - persistent concern for the safety of the participants, practical sens, organizer qualities - develop where Mountaineering, Hiking and Skiing are still Adventures. All our Mountain Guides split their time between all the Mountain Sports, and regularly take part into retraining courses organized by the government.
Off-Europe, our French Mountain Guides guide our trekkings, our trekkings with technical ascents (Island Peak, Mera Peak), our ascents of Kilimanjaro, our Watching Wildlife Safaris, our Snow-Shoeing and Ski-Touring programmes.
Our Mountain Guides speak fluently English, with a near-native comprehension.
- Management by a French Mountain Guide and a Nepalese Sherpa Guide, qualified by the Ministry of Tourism of Nepal, for all our tours in Nepal: our Nepalese Sherpa Guides, the Sirdars, will offer you a warm welcome, and their professionalism. Nima Thundu Sherpa, Tenzing Sherpa, Neema
Sherpa, Dawa Sherpa, Pemba Sherpa and Jetta manage our groups, and created bonds of friendship with all our travellers. They will guide you into the heart of the traditions of the High Valleys of Nepal and will go with you to meet the ethnic groups, where they live and where they are born.
Our Nepalese Guides
speak fluently English, with a near-native comprehension.
- Management by a French Mountain Guide helped by professional Tanzanian Guides for the ascent of Kilimandjaro, and management by a French Mountain Guide helped by a professional Tanzanian Guide for our Watching Wildlife Safaris: Masini, Dev, Enock, Lazero, our professional guides in Tanzania, have been trained by the teachers of the National Mountaineering School of Chamonix. The skills deriving from this training, their experience, and the presence of our French Mountain Guide, made us reach a rate of 96 % of hikers reaching the top of Kilimandjaro.
Our Tanzanian Guides, and our French Mountain Guide in Tanzania speak fluently English, with a near-native comprehension.
- Management by a French Mountain Guide and a Turkish Guide, qualified by the Ministry of Tourism of Turkey, for all our tours in Turkey: Dogan Safak, Oktay Dursun, Güner Zorluer, Arif Kirac are our main guides in Turkey. Most of them are qualified by the Turkish Mountaineers Federation (did you know that the highest peak of Turkey, Mount Ararat, 16,940 feet, 5,165 m, stands higher than Mont-Blanc ?)
Our Turkish Guides speak fluently English, with a near-native comprehension.
- Means of transport
In Europe, we use taxis or lifts to avoid walking on uninteresting routes. Flights to Nepal, Tanzania and Turkey are carried out on scheduled flights. In Nepal, Tanzania and Turkey, you won't travel crowded together with bag and baggage on the platform of a old truck: to preserve your vertebras, and shorten the journeys, we only use private four-wheel cars or private buses, or domestic flights if possible.
In Europe, with very few exceptions indicated in the detailed charts, we always sleep in mountain huts or lodgings with a hutkeeper to prepare the meals. Off-Europe, before and after the tour, accommodations in hotels or private cottages; during the tour, accommodations in lodgings, or in two-places camping tents.
- Camping sites:
In Nepal, the stopping places of the tours with nights under canvas are chosen to avoid too busy or unsuitable bivouacs; you have a mess tent at your disposal, to relax better. In Tanzania, the nights under canvas take place on the sites managed by the National Parks Rangers.
In Europe, the meals served by the hutkeepers are copious and varied, and adapted to the efforts of hikers, skiers and mountaineers. Off-Europe, our cooks have a long experience of European and American groups, and particularly watch over the hygiene and cooking of food, and the variety of the menus.
- First-aid kit and security outfit: we provide a first-aid kit adapted to the tour and to the country visited, and a regularly renewed equipment to meet the safety requirements. Do not forget your own travelling first-aid kit with you : we provide you a detailed chart to prepare it.
- Acclimatization to altitude: all our programmes are conceived to create a progressive acclimatization to altitude; likewise, the profile of the stage is worked out to avoid too significant efforts during the first days of the tour.
- Local correspondents:
They help us to prepare our tours and look after your reception. They perfectly know the footpaths conditions, the motives and the "modus operandi" of the local authorities, the means of transport, etc...
We chose them with prioritizing their involvement in the training of the local guides, in addition to their competences and to the bonds of friendship and respect created with them.
Thus, we develop together an authentic tourism which directly benefits the inhabitants of the visited areas.
our Nepalese team is run by Nima Thundu Sherpa, Neema Sherpa, and Tenzing Sherpa. They choose for our tours the best Sherpas and cooks, and personally manage some of our trekkings and ascents in Khumbu. Their experience of trekking and expeditions is impressive: 40 years of management of trekking groups (Nima Thundu Sherpa), 13 successful ascents of Everest (Neema Sherpa).
our Tanzanian team is run by Masini, Dev and Lazero, our Tanzanian professional guides, who have been trained by the teachers of the National Mountaineering School of Chamonix. The skills deriving from this training, their experience, and the presence of our French Mountain Guide, made us reach a rate of 96 % of hikers reaching the top of Kilimandjaro.
our Turkish team Most of our guides, from Sobek or Samistal companies, are qualified by the Turkish Mountaineers Federation.
stability: As soon as the required minimum number of participants is reached, your departure is guaranteed
whatever the number of participants, with no extra (we calculate our financial stability on the grand total of our tours, and not on each tour separately).
The price of your tour can solely be modified in the event of significant rises of the prices of plane tickets, airport and security taxes, or in the event of significant alterations of the exchange rates.