Since the last ice age, ten thousand years of erosion have sculpted the most fantastic play-ground man can dream. While plunging in the magic of the canyons of Haute-Savoie, you will discover a natural "Aqualand" where you will jump and swim in the clear water of potholes, and slide on fabulous chutes.
Through landscapes of sunny basins and cascades, walking, abseiling, jumping and sliding create an unusual link with water and rock. You may feel like being "Indiana Jones", or feel like you are regenerated with the three elements : Rock, Water, Sun.
Bathed in sunlight, foam and laughters, you will either be an intrepid participant or an onlooker, according to your choice.
The equipping of the canyons, and the experience of our Guides, which are both graduated as Mountain Guides and as Canyoning Guides, enable us to say you : "Let's take the plunge !".
Discovering Canyoning Week-End, Sallanches (Haute-Savoie, located between Chamonix and Geneva), departures Year 2014 each Saturday from 10 of May to 27 of September, one French Mountain guide graduated as Canyoning Guide for 6 to 8 participants.
- PRICE: 249 Euros, including free roundtrip shuttle from Geneva airport for the first four participants registered, all the individual equipment (neoprene wet suit, canyoning harness, helmet), and saturday night with half-board in a lodge.
- Your flights : the free roundtrip shuttle from Geneva airport will leave the airport very early on Saturday morning (around 8.00 am). So, choose a flight landing in Geneva on Friday evening, and taking off after 8.00 pm on Sunday evening.
This programme of canyoning instruction is particularly suitable for families: normal efforts for children on form, from 12 years, and tapering rates for parents and children taking part in the same week-end.
Your level for canyoning instruction:
- technical level : you are a beginner in canyoning. You can swim without a pause on a distance of 50 meters in a swimming pool. The neoprene wet suit gives an excellent buoyancy. No knowledge of climbing technics is required.
- physical level: you are in good condition (you practise sports twice a week).
- Programme: meeting place Geneva airport 08.00 am on Saturday morning. Transfer to Sallanches. Saturday morning, training to abseiling down on an easy rock-climbing school. Saturday afternoon, canyoning in Balme canyon, night with half board in a lodge / Sunday, Coeur canyon. In the end of the afternoon, transfer to Geneva airport.
If this programme interests you, please feel free to ask us its detailed chart, which provides all the informations necessary for the success of your holidays.