This programme to discover ski touring is particularly suitable for families: normal efforts for children on form, from 12 years, and tapering rates for parents and children taking part in the same week-end.
* Saint-Gervais Mont Blanc, departures each Saturday from 9 December 2017 till 7 April 2018, group of 6 to 8 skiers, guided by a French Mountain Guide or a French Ski Instructor speaking fluently English with a near-native comprehension, expert of Ski-Mountaineering.
* Free roundtrip shuttle from Geneva airport for the first registered participants, contact us for further information.
* The slopes and peaks surrounding the ski resort of Saint-Gervais suit perfectly to an introduction to Ski-Mountaineering.
Collecting snow-falls early in the season, they offer a soft, ideal relief for Ski-Mountaineering instruction, the authentic and convivial Ski. In a small group of six to eight skiers, managed by a Mountain Guide or a Ski Instructor, you will feel the pleasure of opening up the trail through forests and mountain pastures, far from the obstructed ski-runs. Your Mountain Guide or Ski Instructor will show you all the tricks and the techniques of Ski-Mountaineering.
* Programme of your backcountry skiing instruction weekend : Meeting place in Saint-Gervais on Saturday morning, stop by ski-shop to hire ski touring equipment. Ski touring, ascent of "Petit Croisse-Baulet" (6,591 feet), night in a lodge or in a two stars hôtel / Sunday, ski touring up to the Alp of Balme (5,597 feet). End of the programme by mid-afternoon.
For all skiers of the group, meeting on Saturday morning at 08h30 am, by TWINNER Sports Shop, 168 rue du Mont-Blanc, at Saint-Gervais. TEL : (+33) 4 50 47 75 97.
- 178 Euros without accommodation
- 223 Euros, with half board on Saturday night in a lodge (dormitories), including free roundtrip shuttle from Geneva airport for the four first participants registered.
- 253 Euros, with half board in a two stars hotel (twin beds), including free roundtrip shuttle from Geneva airport for the four first participants registered. Possibility of single room in hotel, contact us as soon as you register to this programme.
* Your flights : the free roundtrip shuttle from Geneva airport will leave the airport very early on Saturday morning (at 7.00 am). So, choose a flight landing in Geneva on Friday evening, and taking off after 7.00 pm on Sunday evening (we will be back in airport at 6.00 pm on Sunday).
* Your Level:
- you are a Backcountry Skiing beginner, and you want to learn ski-mountaineering technique. You practise a good parallel turn, and you control your skis and your speed on all the red and black ski runs. Falling over is the exception rather than the rule and you are keen to learn and improve.
- your fitness : you are in good condition (you practise sports twice a week).
- Average difference in height : 1,700 feet a day.
- Pace : ascent of 800 feet to 1,000 feet per hour.
* To get more information on this programme :
In the High Valley of Montjoie, going up to the Alp de Balme
Putting on synthetic seal skins
Here we go
A short break
Training with Avalanche Transceivers
Training with Avalanche probes
Training with Avalanche probes, part 2
Pic-nic at the Alp de Balme
On top of Grand Croisse Baulet
Descent of Grand Croisse Baulet, different styles, but the same pleasure