During this weekend reserved to skiers experienced in off-piste skiing, you will ski down the most beautiful off-piste routes of Saint-Gervais, Megève and Les Contamines, from the forest routes of Princesse, Mont d'Arbois and Giettaz to the altitude and steep routes of Mont-Joly : Prapacot (difference in level :800 meters), le Bolchu (900 m), Epaule du Mont-Joly (1000 m), La Voie Romaine (1000 m), la Montagne du Rocher (1200 m), Velleray - Colombaz (1200 m), Mont-Joly - Colombaz (1300 m).
The slopes and off-piste routes of Megève, Saint-Gervais and Les Contamines have the advantage of benefiting from varied exposures to the sun and being forested routes for the most part. Thus, we can always find safe off-piste routes in excellent snow, whatever the atmospheric conditions and avalanches risks may be. Besides, when they are significant risks of avalanches in Chamonix valley, most of the off-piste groups and Mountain guides from Chamonix come skiing on Megève, Saint-Gervais and Les Contamines off-piste routes.
- Duration: 2 days, 2 nights.
- Group : 6 to 8 participants, with a French Ski-Instructor, graduated member of the "École du Ski Français" (ESF), or a French Mountain Guide, graduated member of the IFMGA, expert in off-piste skiing, who knows perfectly all the off-piste routes of Megève and Saint-Gervais. Your French Ski-Instructor or Mountain Guide speaks fluently English, with a near-native comprehension.
- Beginning on Fridays evening : departures each friday from 6 of January till 31 of March 2017.
- PRICE : - without accommodation : 269 EUR
- with two nights, two breakfasts and one dinner, in a lodge at Contamines-Montjoie (dormitories) , close to Saint-Gervais : 348 EUR
- with two nights, two breakfasts, and one dinner, in a two stars hôtel at Contamines-Montjoie (twin beds) : 391 EUR. Possibility of single room, contact us as soon as you register to this programme.
For the first four participants registering to each weekend with accommodation, free roundtrip shuttle from Geneva airport to Saint-Gervais and Contamines-Montjoie. Choose a flight landing in Geneva before 10.00 pm on Friday evening, and taking off after 7.00 pm on Sunday evening.
- This programme is particularly suitable for families: normal efforts for children on form, from 13 years, and tapering rates for parents and children taking part in the same week-end.
- Access to Megeve - Saint Gervais:
- by plane to Geneva Airport : free roundtrip shuttle from Geneva airport to Saint-Gervais for the first four participants registering to each week-end with accommodation.
Choose a flight landing in Geneva before 10.00 pm on Friday evening, and taking off after 7.30 pm on Sunday evening.
- by road, from Geneva (50 minutes drive) and from Lyon ( 2 hours minutes drive).
For all skiers of the group, meeting on Saturday morning at 08h30 am, by TWINNER Sports Shop, 168 rue du Mont-Blanc, at Saint-Gervais. TEL : (+33) 4 50 47 75 97.
DO NOT FORGET
- inform us by E-mail, as soon as you have booked your flight tickets, on your timetable and flight numbers. Remember to choose a flight landing in Geneva before 10.00 pm on Friday evening, and taking off after 7.30 pm on Sunday evening.
* Your Weekend
- Friday : Shuttle from Geneva airport to Saint-Gervais and Contamines-Montjoie for the first four participants registered to the week-end with accommodation. Night by your lodge or hôtel.
- Saturday : For all skiers of the group, meeting on Saturday morning at 08h30 am, by TWINNER Sports Shop, 168 rue du Mont-Blanc, at Saint-Gervais. TEL : (+33) 4 50 47 75 97. First day of off-piste skiing, including training to Avalanche rescue. Lunch by a restaurant close to the ski runs. Night by your lodge or hôtel.
- Sunday : Second day of off-piste skiing. Lunch by a restaurant close to the ski runs. Separation by 4.00 pm. Transfer to Geneva airport for the first four skiers registered to the week-end with accommodation.
Your mountain guide will do everything possible to make this week-end being a success. But, in off-piste skiing, exceptional risks may exist : storms, avalanches, .... Your guide, responsible for your life, may change the programme of this week-end for your safety.
* Technical level and Training
- you are experienced in off-piste skiing. You can ski down any slope with a gradient of 30 degrees. You can ski any type of snow in off-piste, maybe without having a good style or without skiing fast, but you are efficient in powder snow, heavy snow or crusted snow.
- you are fit, practising twice a week running, biking or swimming.
* The Price of your Weekend
- The price includes:
- guiding by a French Ski-Instructor, graduated member of the "École du Ski Français" (ESF), or by a French Mountain Guide, graduated member of the IFMGA, expert of off-piste skiing, who knows perfectly all the off-piste routes of Megève and Saint-Gervais. Your French Ski-Instructor or Mountain Guide speaks fluently English, with a near-native comprehension.
- free round trip shuttle from Geneva Airport for the first four skiers registered to the week-end with accommodation
- ski-pass on Megève, Saint-Gervais and Les Contamines skiing areas for two days
- two nights, two breakfasts and one dinner in a lodge / or two nights and two breakfasts and one dinner in a two stars hotel
- the free loan of a avalanche transceiver, a probe and a shovel
- free shuttles from the lodge or the two stars hotel to the ski-resort (only for the four first registered participants to the week-end with accommodation)
- The price does not include:
- optional insurances EUROP ASSISTANCE
- the loan of skis, ski boots and poles (these equipments can be hired in Saint-Gervais)
- saturday's lunch and sunday's lunch
- your personal expenses
- generally speaking, all the expenses not indicated in the paragraph " the price includes "
* Detailed Informations
* Accommodation: two nights by a lodge or a two stars hôtel.
* Ecology : Please respect the Nature : bring back your waste to the lodge or hotel.
* Guiding: a French Ski-Instructor, graduated member of the "École du Ski Français" (ESF), or a French Mountain Guide, graduated member of the IFMGA, expert of off-piste skiing, who knows perfectly all the off-piste routes of Megève and Saint-Gervais. Your French Ski-Instructor or Mountain Guide speaks fluently English, with a near-native comprehension.
* Health : to make a success of this week-end, you must be in good health.
* Insurance : For your safety and by experience, we strongly advise you to subscribe to one of the three contracts EUROP ASSISTANCE that we propose to you, to complete your own protection for the following risks : Repatriation, Cancellation, Baggage loss, Interruption of stay. We remind to you that a payment by credit card provides limited guarantees.
We propose to you three contracts EUROP ASSISTANCE :
- "Repatriation" contract. This insurance costs 2.5 % of the price of your tour.
- "Cancellation" Contract (including baggage insurance). This insurance costs 4.0 % of the price of your tour.
- "Repatriation + Cancellation + Baggage Insurance + Interruption of Stay" contract. This insurance costs 6.0 % of the price of your tour.
The contract "Cancellation" covers only inhabitants of one of the following countries: France (metropolitan France and Monaco solely), Germany, Andorra, England, Belgium, Spain (excluded: Canary Islands), Italy (excluded: islands), Luxembourg, Switzerland.
The contract "Repatriation" covers only inhabitants of one of the following countries: France (metropolitan France and Monaco solely), Germany, Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Spain (excluded: Canary Islands), Finland, Gibraltar, Greece, Ireland, Italy and islands, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Norway, Netherlands, Portugal, United Kingdom, San-Marin, Sweden and Switzerland.
If you do not wish to subscribe the insurance "Repatriation" EUROP ASSISTANCE, you must imperatively have an own insurance "Repatriation" covering you for both "Research" (with a minimum cover of 3 812 Euros, including research helicopters expenses) and "Assistance" expenses for the country of the tour and for the sports to be practised during the tour, and you will send us, with the filled and signed registration formulary, a copy of your contract, and the phone number of your Assistance line.
We will be sorry to have to deny your registration if you do not hold an insurance "Repatriation" contract.
If you live off-Europe, we recommend you the "Repatriation" insurance contracts proposed by IHI Denmark ( www.ihi.com ) or International Medical Group ( www.imglobal.com ). If you live in USA, we recommend you the "Repatriation" insurance contract proposed by the American Alpine Club : www.americanalpineclub.org .
* Meals :
- Saturday breakfast, Saturday dinner and Sunday breakfast in lodge
- Saturday breakfast and Sunday breakfast in hotel
- Saturday's lunch in a restaurant on the skiing area
- Sunday's lunch in a restaurant on the skiing area
* Medical care : your ski-instructor or mountain guide will bring a first aid medical kit. Do not forget to bring "Compeed" to prevent blisters, a eye-drop lotion, and your personal drugs.
* Portage : in your back bag, your water bottle, energy-giving bars, your camera, and some light extra safety equipment supplied by your guide.
* Safety : Our Mountain Guides and Ski-Instructors ensure you of:
- their knowledge and their experience of Mountains, of the development of weather conditions, of the risks of avalanches, of the technics of rescue and survival.
- their experience of the management of groups in off-piste.
- their responsibility in relation to insurances.
They will thus put all their energy to enable you to achieve the whole forecasted programme. However, in off-piste skiing, the imponderables exist - bad weather, high risks of avalanches, etc... - and may compel them to modify the programme.
Do not bear your guide a grudge if he decides to turn and go back, or to modify the route : his main requirement is your Safety.
For this same requirement, we attach a great importance to the maximum number of participants per guide: we choose to ski with small groups, safely and therefore efficiently.
For each programme, Le Pays d'En Haut will loan you freely a Avalanche Transceiver, a probe and a shovel. The guide will take all the other safety gears which can be required for the programme: walkie-talkie linked to the Safety Patrols, altimeter, compass, GPS, first-aid kit, survey blankets.
This off-piste week-end includes training in the use of Avalanche Transceiver to help ensure your safety.
* Size of the group : In order to preserve the quality and the conviviality of this weekend, the group is limited to eight participants. The minimal number of participants is six. If the minimal number of participants is not reached, you will be informed of the cancellation of the week-end 21 days before the departure date.
* Transfers : transfers by ski-lifts during the week-end. Free shuttles from the lodge or the two stars hotel to the ski-resort (only for the four first registered participants to the week-end with accommodation).